I know, $6 – $8 an hour isn’t a killing, however, when you factor in that you don’t have to pay for childcare or travel expenses, and you’re getting paid to listen to music and review it, it’s really not that bad, is it?
A lot of work from home jobs want you to pay start up costs, membership fees, sell items, complete “offers” using your credit card that you have to remember to cancel so you don’t get billed, or other various scams. So when I found out from a friend about this opportunity and that it was LEGIT, I hopped to it. (Sorry, but novel writing doesn’t pay the bills . . . yet!)
HOW IT WORKS
You listen to 90 second music clips and rate them. On average I get .15-.23 for every clip I “review” so it’s come out to $6 to $8 an hour for me so far. The longer the review, the higher you get paid.
You can Join Here for FREE.
DO NOT CHEAT
- Be aware that your reviews go directly to artists, record labels and radio stations. Try to be as descriptive as possible. Every review counts. Please ensure that your reviews are constructive. A good reviewer will comment on a range of track elements as well as writing several sentences. Please ensure that your reviews are written in good English.
- Please don’t cheat*. If you cheat, we will not pay you. That’s official. And we’ll block you from using the site. Slicethepie reserve the right to remove balances at our discretion.
*Cheating includes multiple browsing/using multiple accounts/scouting with others/copy and pasting/submitting reviews via a proxy server/VPN/using a bot/writing nonsense or inappropriate comments/using a translation tool to write reviews/writing reviews in poor quality English/not listening to the music etc. As a guiding principle, if you think the artist might not be happy about the way you are scouting then you are probably cheating. Cheating also includes reproducing, copying, modifying or otherwise stealing any Slicethepie content without our permission… Yep, the bottom line is: have fun, don’t steal stuff and don’t cheat.
Other than that, you are good to go! Sign up HERE!
How Do You Get Paid?
Payments are made via Paypal. When you hit a $10 balance, you can request payment. Then it takes 5 days to check your reviews to make sure you weren’t gaming the system. So like I said, treat this like a job and do your best to write specific reviews that go in depth and aren’t rushed. If you request payment every day, then by time you get your first payment you will start reviewing payments daily.
TIPS FOR WRITING GOOD REVIEWS
- The better the review, the more you get paid! Also, if your review is lacking, you will struggle with getting the review to be accepted by the system.
- Try to write a full paragraph that fills up the whole visible white box on the site. That usually results in .15 or higher payment and almost 100% accepted reviews.
- Be as specific to the track as possible. Comment on things saying things you could ONLY say about THAT song. I write my review while listening so I have 90 seconds of typing every compliment and criticism (be polite!) that I can think of.
Some things I comment on if you need ideas:
- The intro music: Is it upbeat or sad? Does it remind you of any genre of music?
- The lyrics: Do you like the lyrics? Why or why not? Do they resonate with you?
- The track quality: Is the track clear or grainy? Does the artist need to work on the quality of the recording to make the listening experience better?
- The instrumentals: Does the music line up with the vocals? Does the singing style and music style mesh well together?
- Your opinion: Do you like the song? Would you buy it? Do you want to hear more from this artist? Do you know anyone who WOULD like the song?
- Appeal: Does the song has a mass appeal and mainstream style, or is it more niche?
- Other things: I also mention if I think it would make good background music for a movie or TV show and if so WHAT KIND of movie or TV show. Would it be good bar music? Club music? Music to relax to or to have playing in the background while I write?
- Recommendations: What do you think the artist can do to make their song more appealing?
You can Join Here for FREE.
(See, nothing fancy! Just in depth and honest!)
“The intro reminded me a bit of Metallica (that’s a good thing). I really love this grungy rock style. The lyrics were right in line with rock and roll, old school style. I found the singers voice appealing and the style of the vocals meshed perfectly with the instrumentals. I would download a song like this and would probably use it for inspiration in my writing. The track quality was hard to make out. Not sure if it was a little grainy or if it just sounded that way because of the style of the music. Either way, it didn’t affect my enjoyment of the song one way or the other. The instrumental break about two minutes into the song also reminded me of old school rock music. Man, makes you realize how much you miss it. Don’t get this on the radio much these days, but I do think the style is mainstream enough to bring this genre of music back to the foreground. The bridge is clever and awesome. Totally could chill out listening to this. Actually, come to think of it, there aren’t many songs that you can just sit around and listen to. I usually like to listen to music while doing something else. But this I could just sit and listen to for the sake of the music. That’s pretty amazing.”
“The piano intro set the mood nicely. This is the kind of music I can sit down and write my stories to. There is a dark, almost vampiric feel to the music. The lyrics were spot on and the voice was seductive. The track was clear and easy to listen to, and the vocalist remained consistently on key throughout. The bridge was interesting and the lyrics themselves really pulled you in. It was easy to “settle into” this song. It sounded just like something you would hear on the radio.”
“The guitar intro made me think this was heading toward being a country song. I had a feeling it would be a male singer and I was right, however, it wasn’t as country as I expected. More easy-listening/indie-sounding. The quality of the track was a little grainy, but the music was well-played. The artist remained on key throughout. The lyrics probably would have appealed to me more in my always-heartbroken angsty teen years, though not sure the style of music would have appealed to me then. The song is well done and will find it’s audience. Work on better recording quality will be the most important step for this artist at this time, in my humble opinion. The repetition of the bridge will help give it a more mainstream appeal (catchy).”
“I really liked the voice of the artist from the beginning. Reminded me a bit of Tori Amos and Fiona Apple, but with her own unique voice. I also really enjoyed the lyrics. The rhythm of the music was something I could write to. Sets the mood nicely. I could also see myself dancing to it. This type of track is something I could see as a background song in a Nicole Kidman movie. It’s a little quirky, but in a mainstream way. Very enjoyable. Wish there were more songs like this on the radio! The artist remained on key, the track was clear and easy to listen to, and the song was catchy. I really enjoyed the artists tone. I would love to study this song more and learn the lyrics. The bridge is awesome and this is a song I would buy on iTunes if I saw it there. Definitely a new favorite of mine!”
“The piano in the intro reminded me of something, but I couldn’t quite place it. I was definitely interested to see where it would go. I was really excited to see it was a female singer. I might be wrong, but I thought this was the last artist I just gave a ten to. If so, I need this CD! The tone is fantastic. The lyrics on this one I loved even more than the last one. This song makes me feel warm inside. I thought it was interesting that she vocalized the word “Love” at one point, because I felt everything up until that point in this song really encapsulated everything that love is. This song reminded me of every time I’ve been in love, especially of new romance. I’m actually off to check itunes for this artist as soon as I see who it is. I’m convinced I need these songs in my player! Really, really, really love this, and I would love to see more of this around here! On second listen, maybe she is vocalizing alive? Although, love does make you feel alive, doesn’t it? The track is is clear to listen to. I appreciate the quality this artist is providing. Hope I can find her tracks for purchase!”
“The beginning sounds a bit like an old school horror movie sound track. As it continues on, it reminds me a bit of the movies The Lost Boys and Queen of the Damned. Although this style of singing is not usually something I really into, the style of the music is creepy and would be awesome for writing to. I would like to have just the instrumental track to something like this. I used to go to live concerts when I was younger that played music like this, so I can say the quality is comparable and it’s a strong piece of music for its genre. Keep up the good work!”
Hope that Will Help you be a Success with this Opportunity!
You can Join Here for FREE.